Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Struggling, but unstaggering faith.

Started the New Year with Psalm 71.

And it rocked my world. Whew.

Let me tell you, this was the perfect scripture to begin the new year with.

In my private place at home, I lit two candles and I sat with an anxious heart. Daily, as I meet with God, I close my eyes in prayer, hungry for His presence. Holding my Bible, I asked God to speak to me. In doing so, He guided me to Psalm 71. Random, I thought. But the Holy Spirit told me to be quiet and read. Reciting the words, I felt my heart get lighter as the monsters of doubt crawled away and the clutches of anxiety loosen.

In awe, I became smitten by the emotional verses.

Scrolling line by line slowly, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart, reminding me that no matter what the situation is, no hardship or a single drop of adversity could ever deprive me from the favor and love of God.

Once I stopped reading, comfort seized me and my soul cheered. Blessed assurance.

Definitely ready for the new year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment